Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yukon Ho!

Yesterday the 3 older kids decided to, as #3 put it "seed from the family." I found out from #2 what he meant was secede from the family. In other words, they were running away.

Apparently their destination was the yukan wilderness (thanks Bill Waterson!), because, as #2 argued, they had "already spent 6 years living with us" (thanks Bill Waterson!).

They asked if they could pack some food for their journey, but I suggested they wait to leave till after lunch so their tummies would be nice and full already. As this was agreed upon, they continued to pack in other ways. #3 packed his compass and #2 even asked for a map of the yukon.

As the 3 of them decided the best way to get their, they noticed, from the map, that they would have to cross through Canada. #1 realized this meant they would have to get passports.

So their next destination was Santa Fe. Cause if you can't go to the yukon where else would you go?

Now they had to decide when to leave. #1 suggested next year after her birthday since she would be 10 and older and wiser. #2 suggested they leave Sunday, but #1 didn't want to miss church. So #2 suggested they leave Monday, again #1 didn't want to miss school.

When they decided, again, that their destination would be too far, they opted for Rio Rancho (just north of us). But apparently I had to help them cross the streets. When they realized there are just too many streets between us and Rio Rancho, the trip was called off.

The best part though was after #3 invited me to come along and "seed" from the family as well. I declined with the excuse that I would miss my family too much. After a while he came to me crying saying that he didn't want to go because he would miss me so much. I assured him I wouldn't actually let them leave (because I love them so much and they aren't ready to live on their own yet) and that this was all a game, but he was insisting they were leaving and they would be gone for 2 years. During the plan-making discussions #3 would still get upset once in a while and say how much he would miss me.

It was too adorable, and, boy, do I feel loved!

6 comments:

pinky said...

Calvin and Hobbes does have it's down side. At least they've not asked if they can set their mattress on fire. Remember when Seth said to the doctor "Don't touch me, you quack!" Pure Calvin stuff...

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog! I look forward to the day when they do go off for two years...but not too fast. You could write many good blogs between now and then. Between this blog, your "New Mexico Turners" blog, and a few others I peruse regularly and thorougly enjoy, I have started my own. (And I have found that I like people to leave comments if they read.) It's carmastenquist.blogspot.com...check it out.

jlbunting.com said...

that was really cute and funny

dastew said...

I will always love #3 at Deseret Book telling Carolyn that the Nephites were obviously the bad guys because if they were good guys "vy vould dey have dose veapons"?

Jon and Chelle said...

That is just awesome. Too bad they didn't get to the yukon, I'd like to know what's really there...

ma turner said...

I look forward to the day when they can come spend a month in the summer with Grandma & Grandpa T. (We will try to have Nate out on his own by then. Who knows what he will teach them. Or better yet, they can teach him to clean his room.)