Monday, August 11, 2008

The Last First



Yesterday being #4's 1st birthday, I decided to make him a cake.

I substituted the oil with applesauce (even Hubby couldn't tell the difference and everyone still ate it.)

I got a YUMMY recipe for a white chocolate icing from a friend and went to work.

It was a lot of work using a star icing tip and my hand was somewhat cramped afterward, but I thought the cake came out really cute.

#4 got the "block" with the 1 on it and boy did he make a mess!!! (Pictures will be posted on the family blog later.) But it is our last first birthday for this little family and what a way to end!

7 comments:

pinky said...

Yikes! We have some birthdays to catch up on...I'm falling further and further behind! Happy birthday to #1!!! The cake is adorable!

Christine Bushman said...

you did aLL that after church!

IMPRESSIVE!!!
Summer rocks!!

Summer said...

Well, I actually baked the cake before church (early morning). After church I decorated the cake, plus went vising teaching, made a lasagna, and had our home teachers over. Come to think of it, I need a nap!!

Carma said...

Great job on the cake! Can't believe #4 is already 1-year-old. Happy birthday to him! And I thought Sunday was a day of rest.

ma turner said...

I haven't forgetton Evan's b-day. His present will be on the way soon.

Welcome to Newman's World said...

love it.... too cute

Unknown said...

The cake looks great!