Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Project X


I am in need of some accountability for all the many, many projects I have taken on recently, or have started planning. So I thought if I posted the list here I would then be accountable for actually finishing them!

-Sew a skirt for #1 (this has been going for a while, but the fabric is difficult to work with. PLEATS! AND ZIPPERS! AND BINDING! Oh, my!)

-Clean out and de-junk all bedrooms and closets (another long term project, right now I have left my closet, the file bin (yikes), my bedroom, and, worst of all, THE GARAGE-daunting I know!)

-Finish reading the Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander (Loving them! I am on the 2nd right now [there are five], it is just taking forever since the only time I have to read normally is right before I go to sleep-and then I just fall asleep!)

-Sew quilt for #4 (well, I haven't even started this one and it is low on the priority list.)

-Make homemade Christmas presents for all kids (I am coming up with ideas, a rag doll for #1, and hobby horses for the boys, any other ideas?)

-Finish Family Finances course (almost there, I have two lessons and two tests to go!)

-Start Teaching Children to Read course (I had to register since the class is being done away with soon, but I am so looking forward to it.)

-Iron my clothes! (I am such a procrastinator if I don't like doing something! I have a pile of clothes [well, okay, not a pile, they are hanging nicely in the closet] just waiting to be ironed.)

Whew! I better get to work now.

5 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

i am with you on ironing, except mine are in a pile on my sewing table. they are mostly long sleeves, too. I should do them while Justice is taking a nap

Natalie said...

My ironing is in a pile too. why hang it up when you have to un-hang it to eventually iron it? I always wait too long, and then I have an entire day's worth of ironing to do.
I just did it though. I'm off the hook for 3 more months. :)

pinky said...

I gave up ironing when I joined the Church...cold turkey!

pinky said...

Homemade gifts for children...how about a felt tic-tac-toe travel game? Or felt checkers game? I made a felt tic-tac-toe game once upon a time and I still remember how...fairly simple.

Sara said...

hannah is so excited for the reading class you're taking. i hope you're still planning on using her--it would be a really fun experience for us.