Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reason #53 Why I Do Not Work Outside of My Home…


I have decided I am not a good part-time mom.
It is very difficult for me to transition back into Mom-mode when I have been out of it for a while. So when I go shopping by myself, or running errands alone, or going out of town alone or with Hubby, it takes me a while before I can be my usual super-mom self (yes, I do tend to be delusional once in a while).

I am just much more relaxed with the kids, calm tempered, happier, etc., when I am around them more.

Maybe it’s because I don’t feel rushed to try to spend so-called “quality” time with them when we are together, and I just get to BE with them. Maybe it’s because when I am gone I feel out of rhythm with what is going on in our home. Maybe it’s because I feel guilty about being away from them.

Whatever the reason I hope it lasts, because, honestly I don’t want to be out in the work place right now! I love it here!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad and happy for you that you can be home with your kids to give all the time you need and they need . . . isn't it sad that there are so many women who want to have that blessing but just can't? Perhaps they could use more of our prayers so they can be strong enough to mother their children in the manner that we can.

April Fossen said...

I don't know that working outside the home necessarily displays a lack of strength. For a lot of women it's a choice they willingly and happily make. Some make that choice for economic reasons. Some make that choice because they feel it actually helps them to be BETTER moms. Everyone has their own mothering style and nobody should be looked down upon for making a choice different than yours.

Summer said...

I hope I didn't give that impression that I ever looked down on anyone who made the choice to work outside the home. I was just expressing one of my reasons for making that choice. I certainly don't look down on anyone who does work, I know no one makes a decison lightly, especially when it comes to their children.