Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bring On The Guilt!


I have never been a tiny woman (or a tiny girl for that matter). And having just finished nursing my last baby and not needing those extra calories anymore I am afraid it is time for me to cut back on what I eat.
Now you have to understand that I love food.

I especially love food that isn't so good for me (chocolate, bread, cheese, pasta, etc.) I also enjoy many vegatables and fruits and other healthy foods, but those just aren't as comforting for me.

It's those foods that remind me of growing up and spending time with family that are particularly enjoyable and help me relax from a long day. It was a simpler time back then when I didn't have to make all the decisions, pay the bills, do all the work, or worry so much.

Even now when our family gets together there are usually at least 10 gallons of Mom's potato salad to consume while laughing it up and playing Mahjong. How do you resist that?

So on this quest I worry that I will often mess up and feel those pangs of guilt that are already an everyday occurance (by the way, is that just me?)

But I guess so long as I am trying, that's the important thing. And those guilty feelings will just spur me on to try harder.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally know what you mean. I probably consumed more calories in the week I spent w/ my family than I should in a month. I still feel guilty about it.

pinky said...

One can enjoy all of the comforts of food and home...just need to settle for a bit of moderation...simple enough. No need for guilt there, even if one occasionally overindulges...because it is...occasional.

When one relaxes in bubble bath...one only does so for short while...otherwise one gets pruny!

Charlie Chan never said that! Where do I get this stuff?