Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hey, Mikey! She Likes It!

Confession: I have bought items I saw advertised on infomercials!! But, so far I have only bought 3 (Proactive, pilates and the Space Bag), although I have been tempted with a lot more (those cool knives and mineral makeup).

Two of the purchases I have made didn't really work. I still have zits (Proactive) and I am not thin (pilates).

But yesterday I got my Space Bags in the mail! I LOVE THEM! We are trying to organize and dejunk our home. We have SO much stuff and SO little room. So even if we do get a storage unit as Hubby wants, we still need to make room. I thought these would be the perfect solution for sleeping bags, blankets, sheets, clothes, etc. And I was RIGHT!
Check out how small our 5 sleeping bags got!


And here is a ton of old bedding, a bunch of sheets, five pillows, and a couple blankets! You can see in the picture, they are lower than the wall socket.

Last, but not least is four of the space bags with the combined contents: crib sheets, crib mattress cover, twin sheet set and 13 blankets.


I was so excited that these worked! I even checked them by opening them which fills them up with air again, and then sucking the air out again with the vacuum. They are easy to use (if I can do it anyone can) and they are reusable (which I need).

I bought them online at at their website, but they are also available at Walmart. I will just have to go buy me some more!

Disclaimer: I am not being paid by the company to advertise here, but if anyone from Space Bag would like to pay me I will take cash and more Space Bags!

Disclaimer #2: Mine don't look nearly as pretty as those on the infomercial or the website. Which is no fault of the Space Bag company. Just my inabilities!

8 comments:

Piper Scott said...

I mostly lurk on these things but thought I would be helpful...
Putting sleeping bags in a space bag may not be the best choice for future use. Sleeping bags work on the principle of loft (unless it is one of those useless princess type sleeping bags). Anyway, when the air is taken out the loft memory is discarded. So it would be a good idea before use, to take them out of the space bag a few days before you need them and fluff them up and then hang them in the garage or someplace to allow the loft to build back up again.
Luv ya.
And I love your blogs...
I'll get one going one of these days...

Unknown said...

I look at those all the time and wonder if they work. I would love them for all the blankets that we have but do not use until company comes. And I would love to shrink those sleeping bags. I would have a whole 2 more shelves in my garage. Man, I need a second job for all the bags I want to get!

Christine Bushman said...

hey don't worry about your sleeping bags. Our sleeping bags are TIGHTLY pack into stuff bags.They still work.

Jon and Chelle said...

Jon and I bought Sham-wows from the infomercial. You are supposed to be able to try an entire car with just one. We haven't tried to dry the cars, but they work well for cleaning up messes. If I had one of those air vacuum thingies I'd probably end up air vacuuming things I shouldn't, like the cats.

Melanie said...

I've been super tempted by the magic bullet and those super absorbent towels that are supposed to soak up like a bath full of water. I've never actually been able to make the call and order them. Those bags look tempting too.

pinky said...

I tried some mineral makeup once(from a department store)and it made my face itch! Beware...

Summer said...

Melanie, I completely forgot about the Magic Bullet!! I love to watch those infomercials just because of the really goofy people!

Becca said...

Too bad you aren't geting paid comission for what you "sell" cuz you just totally sold me. I went to Costco and bought some today! I am trying to get baby #2 room ready, and I was racking my brain trying to find a place for all the "stuf" that has piled up in our spare bedroom. Now, I have a solution for the blankets and pillows. Thanks! I can't to try them out.