Monday, August 4, 2008

Weird Science

Okay, we have been having an ant problem in and around our house this summer. It is driving me nuts. And since my rule is: if it is out of the house don't kill it (unless it is something REALLY NASTY) but if it is in the house it is fair game, I have been killing like a mad woman.
But I don't like gross, chemically heavy bug sprays, so I bought an eco-friendly, child/pet friendly spray. It uses cinnamon oil and rosemary oil and a couple other natural/organic ingredients.

The combination of the cinnamon and the rosemary oils actually make it smell like root beer! How does that work? It is quite odd and a little thirst mocking.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I sprinkled cinnamon around my strawberries and saw the ants wouldn't budge through that perimeter--interesting! Most people I have talked to about the ants have had the same problem . . . including us!

Unknown said...

let me know if it works.

Cheryl said...

We too had an ant problem. I started mopping my floor with Seventh Generation all purpose cleaner ( I mixed it with water in a spray bottle, spray the floor and then mop). The ants hate it!