Saturday, August 2, 2008

How Stupid Could I Be?

I admit that I've done some pretty dumb things in the past. And I doubt I am the only one. I'm brave enough to list SOME of them off. Are you?
~Sold my plasma for extra cash and almost passed out TWICE doing it (you'd think I'd have learned the first time, huh?)

~Took an upper level English course (Shakespeare 382) my freshman year of college. Amazingly enough I passed the course, too! But, not without a very difficult semester.

~Forgot which pedal was the brake and hit the house with the car when I was 17. I don't think I forget anymore.

~Tried making a candle by melting crayons in the microwave till I started a fire in said microwave (I was only 14, I think), but, I did put the fire out with the extinguisher. I even cleaned it up and kept it from my parents for years and years (you have heard about this before, right Mom?)

~Was showing off in front of a boy in high school and, while not exactly watching where I was going, under estimated the width of the car and hit another car in ther parking lot. No damage was done to either car, but I felt really stupid getting yelled at by the other driver (an adult) and the duty on sight. I think I learned my lesson from that one, pretty quick.

You must notice the trend that most of my stupid, thoughtless mistakes were done in my youth. I like to THINK I am older and wiser now. Although, in ten years I may have to update.

4 comments:

pinky said...

Uhhh...I think this is my first time hearing the microwave-crayon story. I wonder how many more things I don't know about...since there are 8 of you. I do know about the socket in the living room wall in AF ~ Bill. Any others of you that have something you want to fess up?

jlbunting.com said...

Funny, as I started reading the list I was thinking you only did stupid things while I was around. But then I was reassured when you started listing things you did before you knew me. Maybe I was a critical part of this transformation. ??? I for one cannot think of any stupid things that I have ever done.

April Fossen said...

I've never done anything stupid. Ever.

What did they do to you in the Shakespeare class?

Bill said...

How come I knew about the crayon candle but Mom didn't? I don't think I was even living there at the time either.

The wall socket incident was in Simi in the girls' room.

Speaking of sockets... I was changing a socket in our home in Antioch and I thought it would be a piece of cake to do it without turning off the breaker. Wrong! Fortunately the pliers were insulated. You'd think I'd learn from my first encounter with 110 VAC.

Then just a couple months ago I was playing around with the flash circuit from the guts of a one-time-use camera. I charged up the capacitor and accidentally touched the wrong part of the circuit. 300 volts kind of hurts.

Electricity is fun.