Monday, August 25, 2008

...But, I Love You!


I once heard a speaker at Time Out For Women talk about perspective. She briefly mentioned this idea about what you say to your family. Most often we say something like "I love you, but, you're driving me crazy!" But wouldn't it be more effective if turned around: "You're driving me crazy, but, I love you!" The ending of the sentence becomes the most important part of what you are communicating.

On that note:

#4, it drives me bonkers when you grab my hair when you have messy, food-slimed hands, but, I love you!

I hate when you throw your sipper across the table, splattering milk everywhere, but, I love you!

I really don't like tripping over the tupperware obstical course you make around the house, but, I love you!

As you can tell, I had a frustrating day with #4.

He must be a full-on toddler now.

2 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

I am sooo with you on this....At least yours doesn't say NO to everything. That just drives me crazy!!!!!

but i still love him

Melanie said...

I love the anonymous photo. So cute.