Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Inner Snob


Next Friday I am leaving town! WooHoo! All by myself! WooHoo!

I have to get to the airport early and feel bad making Hubby and the kids drive me when #1 and #2 have school that day. I suggested that I could take a shuttle or a taxi instead. Then, very reluctantly, and with a sour look on my face, I suggested I might, probably, perhaps even be able to (gulp) take the bus (?)

I have taken a public transportation bus a total of 3 times in my life (and I wish it were less than that). One day in junior high I took the bus with a friend to get home (usually I was picked up). I took the bus to the airport with Hubby a few years ago on our way to Longbeach when Mom came and watched the kids for us. And while in Longbeach I took the bus to get from the hotel to downtown a couple of times (I mostly walked to and from though.)

I love that Hubby takes the bus to and from work. It saves us on gas, we can survive quite well with only one car, he can read and have down time on his way home afterwork (which means when he is home he is ready to be Dad and Hubby) and occasionally he can nap.

But I just don't like taking the bus.

Call me a snob if you must, I will no longer shun that part of me.

4 comments:

Wife of dastew said...

Sometimes when Husband has to work late, or if he doesn't go in to work on a particular day I will take the bus to/from work. I enjoy the time to read and relax a bit, or at least as much as you can with the bus crowd. But it means we don't have to drive 2 cars to jobs that are a mile apart and we can take advantage of the free parking at his worksite. Plus, in nasty winter weather (October-March) I get dropped off and picked up at the door.

Natalie said...

I'm with you- I don't think I would want to ride the bus either. I used to ride to work- but I don't think I would want to do it now. If my husband is home that day- I'll take you to the airport! :)

Unknown said...

Have fun on your trip. Enjoy making the 200.00 a bottle jam. But remember it is not the money, but the memories. ENJOY!!!

Carly said...

I used to ride the bus to work when I worked and lived downtown Salt Lake. It usually wasn't too bad, but you did get some interesting people! I can give you a ride to the airport!