Sunday, August 3, 2008

So Good, It Makes Hubby Snort



There is a new phenomenon lately of bakeries that solely serve cupcakes. I, for one, am in favor of this new trend. There are a couple here in town, so of course, we had to try them out (several times each) to be sure which one was our favorite.

The other day Hubby came home with half a dozen cupcakes from our favorite bakery. (And, although half a dozen seems like a lot that is only one per person in our family.) They were gobbled up with delight.

The cake tastes like a yummy homemade cake that is moist and delicious. And the frosting...oh, that frosting! It is rich and creamy and buttery (is your mouth watering yet?) Some of the cupcakes are even filled with gooey surprises in the cake.

They are simply heavenly. At least that is what I hope the cupcakes are like in heaven (although those I imagine are low in fat and calories, too!)

2 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

I've been hearing about these cupcake places and wanted to try one, but I could not bring myself to pay $3.25 for one cupcake. Your favorite bakery looks a little more reasonable. Maybe I will shop around.

pinky said...

Can we put that on our 'to do' list when we are down there in October?

Megan made Mickey Mouse cupcakes for Spencer's birthday party yesterday...there are some leftovers and, inspired by this tasty blog entry, I am heading for the kitchen right now.