Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whistle A Happy Tune


I have always loved music. Listening to it...singing it (although nobody wants to be around me when I am in a singing mood). I grew up singing in the bathtub (and on the toilet apparently). I listened to those in my family (who are musically inclined) sing non-stop, or play instruments. I grew up listening to albums (yes, records, we had hundreds of them) from Broadway musicals I hadn't even ever seen, but I knew the music.

Music was HUGE for me in high school (I am sure that is true for all of us with rebellious natures). And even now, when listening to the car radio, I will shut out everything else if I hear one of the following songs (a few of my all-time favorites):

"Somebody" by Depeche Mode

"One" by U2

"Hands to Heaven" by Breathe

"Nothing Compares to You" by Sinead O'Conner

"More Than Words" by Extreme

"Eternal Flame" by The Bangles

"A Little Respect" by Erasure

"Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS

"Even Flow" by Pearl Jam

"Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" by Bryan Adams

That is all I could think of for tonight. There are thousands more that I love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we must be related or something. Those are some of my favorite songs too. Depeche Mode was the first concert I ever went to when I was 12. Love Erasure too! Love Sinead also, too bad she's a little crazy!

jlbunting.com said...

Hmm, I seem to remember being around you a lot when you were in a singing mood. I didn't mind at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those songs remind me so much of when we were little. Of course you have a Pearl Jam song on that list since I remember you were in love with Eddie Vedder for much of Jr. High.....oh yes and Kurt Cobain as well. You rebel you. =)