Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Never, Ever


Obviously I can't even start to list all of the things I have never done. But here is an insight into me through a few of those things that I have either chosen not to do (that most others have) or, just by happenstance, never got around to.

I never:

*Graduated from college-well, I am working on it, slowly, but surely. I think I just compare myself to Hubby who has 3 degrees and is working on his 4th. However, I love being able to share with my children how important my education (and their education) is. So much so, that I am willing to sacrifice right now, and be an example to them. Hopefully that will influence their future educational decisions.

*Pierced my ears-my parents let us choose when us girls turned 12. I chose not to, and never regretted it. But I will let #1 have the option when she turns 12.

*Watched "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"-at least the whole thing. I have seen bits and pieces here and there as my brother seemed to watch it a lot, but never the whole thing in one sitting. Should I be ashamed? I think Hubby is going to try to fix this one pretty soon.

*Wore a wedding ring-That's right! In fact, I told Hubby when we were engaged that if he bought me one, I wouldn't wear it. I think I just never felt comfortable in jewelry. And hey, it's just one more way that I can save money!

*Went to prom with a guy-Yep, my prom date was a girl. My boyfriend was on his mission and I didn't want to go with another guy to prom, so I took a good friend and we had a great time. I just got to have fun that night.

All in all, I wouldn't change a thing!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't have my ears pierced and I don't wear my wedding ring either - just because I'm not into wearing jewelry. I also went to prom my senior year w/ my two best girl friends - so much more fun than when I went with my boyfriend the previous year.

Wife of dastew said...

Ok, so about the ear piercings, Husband says he wants to pierce our daughters' ears as infants (remember they will be part Hispanic) but I argue that it is something they should choose to do, much like I did when I was eight. I don't want to go making holes in another person and I don't want them to think that I condone the putting of holes in their bodies without input from all fronts. So, until Husband agrees with me, no daughters for him.

Jon and Chelle said...

I'll never pierce tinkerbelle's ears.