Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Latest Project

Because I have been such a proctrastinator lately, even to the extent that I am procrastinating changing my behavior, I have not worked on several things that I really should be working on.

But, yesterday I wanted to accomplish something. So I came up with a cute idea for my table.


I wanted a fall-themed table runner. But knowing my children I knew a table runner would be out of the question (same goes for a table cloth). Can't you just see the mess that would be pulled on to the floor?!


So I came up with this instead:



It is just a simple little centerpiece, well out of a toddler's arms reach.

I cut some muslin, and hemed the edges. Then I dry brushed it with a soft brown paint. I painted on the two pumpkins. And sat a real pumpkin in the middle. I thought it turned out pretty cute and have decided to make one for each season.

By the way, it does look better in person.

No comments: