Saturday, July 19, 2008

What A Year!



Well, only 3 more weeks till #4 is one year old. I can't believe how this year has gone so suddenly. Maybe it was because I was enjoying it more knowing this is our very last baby.

But I have learned a lot this year and thought I would share my knowledge with the world:

~It is very painful to have one's toenail ripped off. Incedently, my toe has been the cause of more foul language than anything I have encountered.

~Oil of any kind (I used canola) will cure a baby's cradle cap. Who knew?!

~Hubby broke his mission rules by sleeping away from his apartment 3 times! Tsk, tsk, tsk!

~I hate Girl Scout cookies.

~Listening to books on CD in the car can sometimes spur a child on to read a book you have been suggesting for years, and when they finally read it they can't put it down and they reread it about 10 times and it makes you want to jump up and down and sing "I told you so!"

~I am getting too old to camp without an air mattress and a hot shower.

~But, we can rough it pretty well, even with an infant.

~Apparently I am a paranoid parent and will take my child to the doctor over anything.

~I look better with brown hair (it is my natural color after all.)

~I love my alone time (okay maybe I knew this before, but I no longer feel guilty about being away from my children.)

~I like to keep a journal, when it is in the form of a blog.

3 comments:

pinky said...

<<~Apparently I am a paranoid parent and will take my child to the doctor over anything.>>

And your Mother encourages you in this...because unfortunately she knows the horrific possibilities of just about every symptom in the world and does practically everything except fly down and start the car for you!

jlbunting.com said...

I had no idea your natural hair color was brown. You've been holding out on me. I no longer consider you a blonde bombshell.

Summer said...

Well, I WAS a natural blonde. It has darkened considerably from all the hormones raging around my body for the last 10 years (babies and all you know.)