Monday, July 21, 2008

Reasons #239-249 Why It Is So Hard to Exercise When You Have Kids



Before I even put the DVD in I have to settle an argument between #2 and #3 over who is going to fetch my weights from my bedroom for me
I put the DVD in the machine.
2 min later I am trying to patiently get #2 to be involved in something other than watching me sweat.
3 min after that I am having to move all over the living room so I don't accidentally step on and squash #4.
6 min after that I have to run over and save #4 who somehow pulled the preschool white board off the wall, and attach the board back to the wall.
2 min after that I rewind the DVD a couple of minutes.
3 min after that I am side-stepping #3 and #4.
1 min after that I ask #3 to please not pull on his little brother.
7 min after that I am listening to #4 complain that I am still not giving him ALL my attention.
8 min after that I finally pick up #4.
1 min after that I put him down to stretch.
30 sec after that he is hanging on me while I stretch.
2 min after that I turn the DVD off.
1.5 hours after that and I still haven't showered.

Normally it is not like this. I usually work out when #4 is napping in the morning and the other three are playing peacefully (yes, it sometimes happens) in the backyard or in #1's bedroom.

I hope you have better luck than I do.

1 comment:

Sara said...

hahahah! That is such a funny scene you set up. I totally understand all of the run around and frustration. There have been days when I don't even shower after exercising because of #1,2 & 3. Oh, life is insane isn't it? . . . You're great for exercising though, keep it up--it's a good example for the kids! hehehe