Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wallowing in Ice Cream

Why is it when I feel bad about myself I try to solve the issue by eating chocolate, or, in this case, chocolate ice cream? It makes me forget about my stressor for about two minutes while I revel in the creaminess and the sugar, the cold and (again, in this case) nuts and yummy marshmallows.

But THEN, I just feel worse about everything, especiallyafter I realize I just ate an eighth of a gallon of rocky road ice cream (even if it is the most delicious rocky road ever, and even if that became the best part of my day.)

Maybe this will have to suffice?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

An 1/8th that is all you eat. Girl I can beat that...

I think I put the days wrong on the GS calendar. I thought it was the 2nd and 4th. Sorry. I was so excited to get them up and running I forgot!

Sara said...

Yeah, Summer I just try to remind myself that food is for nourishment and for pleasure--Heavenly Father wants us to ENJOY yummy food too. So, next time, don't feel bad, just enjoy it and remember the joy you experienced after it's all gone! I'm sorry you're feeling down though.