Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My "At Bat" Music

Do you ever watch movies and listen to the soundtracks and wish there were a soundtrack for your life? Maybe I am the only crazy one. Well, for a little over 11 years now I have secretly had a theme song, maybe it would be the opener of my movie. Or, as Hubby likes to put it, my "at bat" music (I am sure you've been to baseball games and noticed that when a player gets up to bat a certain song is played). I won't name it or even write any of the lyrics, due to the content, after all I don't want you to think less of me than you already do.

But since it is inappropriate for adults, think of the kids. When ever I hear it on the radio (assuming the brood is also in the car, well, when aren't they?) I listen to as much as I can (and Hubby indulges me in this) then I will quick change the station right before the naughty word (which is also the title.)

I feel a little deprived and sorry for myself that I can't even listen to the soundtrack of my life! Or, maybe it's my former life? I was 18 when I acquired the themesong. Am I holding on to a younger, more rebelous me? I don't mind getting older. I am probably the only person I know who is looking forward to turning 30 (the next decade is just going to be so exciting!).

Am I trying to prove that I am still young? Am I trying not to turn into some fuddy-duddy old lady who can't even appreciate a few bad words now and then? Who knows. For now I am going to enjoy my song (when I can). Maybe I'll grow out of it eventually.

6 comments:

April Fossen said...

Think less of you!!? Have you read MY blog? For heavens sake. Out with it, sister!

Kristin said...

Okay, now we are all dying to know- give it up! By the way I just finished reading Ginger Pye to Noah and Hyrum, James and Seth enjoyed it years ago and now it was the younger boys turn to be on the edge of their beds over Ginger. I'm also interested in knowing more about your walk off the pounds dvd. I have been walking for 5 weeks now. I currently walk 7 miles 5 days a week. I love it.

Sara said...

love it. i love to put theme songs to my life or current situation, however spiritual, depressing, exciting or boring it may be. i want to know the song, but you don't have to share if you want it to be your little secret--it's cute! i like reading YOUR blog too . . .

Anonymous said...

I so want to know what song is your theme. I'd have to really think about mine. I think my theme song would change daily!

pinky said...

I am happy that you have your very own blog. Remember when you tried to fool someone into thinking Summerland was yours? Was that it? And who was the person? Can't recall all of the details.

Would I like the song? Since I've no aversion to an occasion 'word' now and again?

Unknown said...

What is the song????? I so want to tease you about it! A bad word??? A new side of you! What a blast!