Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things Children Should NOT Say Around Their Mother

Child's question to mother: "When you grow out of your clothes, can I have them?"
Mother's (internal) reaction, with meaningful look at husband: "Excuse me!? This child thinks I am going to GROW OUT of my clothes? Does that mean I am getting fatter?"

Next day-

Child's comment to younger brother: "Relief Society is for old women."
Mother's (external) reaction, with meaningful look at husband: "Excuse me!? I am NOT old!"

I know my children don't mean to say things that I might take the wrong way. It makes my day more amusing. And if I need anything to get me through my day it is laughter.

I am sure you all can add much more to my list.
Please add them as a response.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Logan told me a couple months ago, that he does not want me to loose wight, because he is afraid he will not recognize me. So I don't loose wait, just to keep him happy. What I won't do for my child. And RS is for old ladies!

pinky said...

"So how are your zits this summer?" Quote by cheeky younger sister to older, wiser, more mature sister while sitting in hot tub together. Not a child to Mom quote, but it's the next best thing. We still laugh about this one.

Summer said...

Mom, apparently Roy had never heard this story. After he did he called me a "twit." Nice, huh?