Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stuffed Ham Anyone?

I have discovered that I am jealous of a stuffed pig named Ham!

It is #4's favorite stuffed animal (I actually got him for my 13th birthday from a most beloved sister and it has made its way through some of the kids). He sleeps with him ALL the time, and I mean ALL the time.

He must be going through a growth spurt or something, because out of the 13 1/2 hours between waking and going to bed he naps at least 5 of those. That's only 8 1/2 hours or less that I get him, while the pig gets him the other 15 1/2 hours of the day. He has even been trying to get Ham out of the crib during waking hours now!

But, when they sleep they are so cute together. #4 has this way of rubbing Ham's tail up and down on his cheek or stroking the ear so softly and gently. Me, he just hits. And he won't ever cuddle up with me to fall asleep. He will only nap in his crib, with the pig.

#4 just LOVES that pig. When he is soooo tired and cranky at nap time, all I need to do is lie him down in the crib hand him his pig and put the binky in his mouth and he is happy and content as he hugs and cuddles the pig.

I considered that maybe the pig needed to meet an untimely end, but that may be a little suicidal, #4 would NEVER sleep again! So, maybe I won't bump him off just yet.

4 comments:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

thanks for the support yeah Im ganna listen to my body and today I dont feel like doind anything im sore. So maybe alittle on friday with Jon and then the weekend off why can't we just go right back to having the same body before kids??? We had to look like that for months and now still after 2 years!! oh anyway thanks

Unknown said...

I think you can rent a pig costume can't you. I mean if you really need hugs that much from your kid, you can always dress up. I love the idea. Don't forget to take pictures

Summer said...

I almost died laughing, Katie!

Christine Bushman said...

i had one who slept with the same blanket. he even wanted to take it to kindergarden with him. one night, we couldn't find blanket. it disappeared somehow---hmm hmm I don't know where it went. He hasn't talked about his blanket since then.

On the other hand, we have one boy who sleeps with the same two bears each night. The bears even travel with us. But the bears stay in the bed.

Oh well, I guess they will grow out of it