Thursday, October 9, 2008

Those Are Some Nice Melons...


...Green River Melons!

Mom and Dad brought one when they visited this last weekend and we were so busy enjoying all the food and treats ABQ has to offer, that we never got around to cutting it open.
This afternoon, after a long drive in the car, I needed something refreshing. A couple of slices of watermelon did the trick.

But then it took me back in time about 20 years to a summer I spent with my aunt and uncle on their farm in Utah.

Isn't it great how things we think we forget come rushing back to us from just a smell or a taste?

I think I ate watermelon that entire summer.

I was reminded of sleeping in the hay loft...

... sitting on the porch during a summer storm...

...playing with tiny kittens...

...the sound of trains going by during the night...

...the noisy peacocks roaming the farm...

...collecting peacock feathers...

...weeding in the corn field, with feet ankle deep in good old fashioned mud...

...and, being chased by a big ornery pig!

No comments: