Monday, October 13, 2008

Spacey


I don't like talking on the phone.

I never know who is going to pick up. Or if I have to come up with a witty message to leave on a voice mail/answering machine. Then I have to wait for that person to call back...

Or sometimes I forget altogether who I am calling (please tell me that I am not the only one that happens to!), especially if I am calling several people.

But tonight I had a different experience.

I was waiting for the other person to pick up, listening to the slow, rhythmic sound of the ringing when I realize I am completely dazed and have to snap out of it. But I didn't care. I just enjoyed being lulled and mindless for a few brief moments.

It was a good thing she didn't answer.

And I was able to leave a message. Even if it wasn't so witty.

1 comment:

Christine Bushman said...

i have sooo done that too. you are not alone.
forget who you're calling. i think it comes with having kids -- you loose your mind and concentration.