Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Best Medicine


Let me back up a bit so you understand...

A few weeks ago all the boys in the family were passing around some nasty illness with fever, a little vomit, and one ear infection (#4). #2, however, also had a little dizziness (but Mr. Dr., who we never saw before, checked his ears too and gave them the okay).

Three weeks later he has still been dizzy at times. I got an appointment with Real Dr. this time.

After asking #2 and me some questions he said "Sounds like he might have some fluid in his ear."

Yep, that's exactly what it is! Yea for Real Dr!

So he wrote a prescription for Flonase (once a day for 2 weeks) and...

...blowing up balloons!

Isn't that hilarious?!

Apparently blowing up a balloon forces air into the eustachian tube and helps to get rid of fluid.

Who woulda thunk it?

It was a good thing I bought 75 of those bad boys for #3's halloween costume, eh, Hubby?

So Hubby and #2 had a blast this evening blowing up and deflating balloons. They were flying all over my bedroom.

If this gets to be a nightly ritual I may have to start wearing a clown nose to fit in around here!

1 comment:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Great Idea~ oh yeah and I tagged you enjoy