Saturday, October 11, 2008

Creativity


I love to create...

Be it children (although that is not going to happen again), bread, sewing projects, art, decor, food, quilts, something useful or just plain pretty. I love to see the process of growth and change that happens as something is coming into being. And I love being able to be the one who instigated the changes and growth.

So I loved, loved, loved President Uchtdorf's talk at the RS broadcast a couple of weeks ago and have been pondering about it constantly since. He talked about our inherent need as daughters of Heavenly Father to create, because He is the ultimate creator. And that creating will help us be happy.

I learned that to create doesn't necessarily mean making something like a project. I can create a peaceful atmosphere in my home, I can create feelings of appreciation in others by serving them, etc.

So everyday now I have been asking myself questions like...As I am teaching my children, am I creating an understanding in them? Am I helping them to create a testimony? Am I creating fun and meaningful experiences for them?

This persepective has helped me teach my children better, and helped me have the desire to serve those around me more.

Don't you just love those leaders who are close to the spirit and wise in their teachings!?

No comments: