Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Maybe ALL the Rulers Are Wrong!"

(Yea for you if you got my obscure Friend's reference!)

In other news...I finished sewing Allyson's Halloween costume yesterday. When I measured her to figure out which size (7/8 or 10/12) she was right in between. I figured the 7/8 would be too small and the other too big. Somewhere in the middle perhaps? So I adjusted where I cut the pattern and sewed till finished. Boy, was it cute!



So, she tried it on and it was HUGE! It turned out to fit ME! And if I didn't have a grotesque experience with a poodle skirt when I was 13 ("Here, you're already awkward and uncomfortable why don't you put this on and dance [literally] in front of hundreds of people. That will boost your self confidence!"- man I HATE road shows!) I would gladly wear it for Halloween.

I know I measured everything correctly! What happened?

So I am re cutting and resewing today (I hate doing things twice!)

3 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

Lovvve the poodle applique!!
WaYY cute. I think you should wear it!! -- K not! don't want to bring up any bad memories from road shows -- I hear you on that one!!

Just recut the side seams narrower -- is that a word? smaller. If not bring it over and i can help you with it. it would be a change of pace from BOY things

Sara said...

Summer, if you haven't resized it, it is the style of skirt where the waiste band can be cut lower, and a large waist band can be sewn around to gather around elastic--it will actually make the skirt look more flairy, which is a great thing with poodle skirts. I can help if you haven't finished already. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Unknown said...

yeah I have roadshow nightmares myself. But I love the skirt. Sorry about the size.