Friday, October 2, 2009

Am I Being Set Up?

I know this is a little late in coming...but I loved the General Relief Society Meeting that was broadcast from Salt Lake last Saturday!
I appreciated how straight forward all the talks were in motivating the women of the church. We need to know what is expected of us and what we need to do in order to be of service to the Lord. I much rather be told what I need to do better at, than be told I am doing so much good. Because in truth I'm not!
It seems that at these meetings in the past that's been the main focus..."You are so good! And doing so much service! Hurray for you!!" And then one of two things happens. I either believe them and I get in a mindset that maybe I am doing good, and I start to get lazy and relaxed in my service ("All is well in Zion!"). Or I don't believe them and I feel guilty and as if I am the ONLY person not doing what they are talking about.
I know I can be doing more and doing better!
Sometimes I just need to be gently reminded.
But, last Saturday I also got the feeling that all these talks are leading up to something BIG. A new announcement? A new plan getting put into action? Were we just slowly used to the idea of giving more, streamlining our lives more, to be able to do more for others? I have no idea. And maybe it will just be something big for me (personal revelation, you know).
In short...
I can't wait to hear the talks at General Conference this weekend!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay- You are back!!!

ma turner said...

It's good to see you again. I have missed "Summerland's" thoughts. I knew everyone was keeping you busy.

Michelle said...

so glad you blogged again. keep them up!