Monday, October 19, 2009

The 7-Year Itch

Somewhere in my line of ancestry must have been a wandering nomad. Following the goats where ever they want to roam, packing up all their belongings and carrying them around, living in and amongst nature. I'd love to live that way!
We've been in our wonderful home now for a little more than 7 years. And I LOVE Albuquerque!
On that note...I am just dying to get out of here!
I love, crave and sometimes demand change!
Growing up I moved my furniture constantly, much to the amusement of my parents I am sure. And even now, I can't stand to have the furniture in the same place for longer than a couple of months. Do any of you recall me talking about the switch we made that affected our entire house?
Stuff like that.
In our first five years of marriage we moved 5 times. I loved the freedom, the new places, new faces, new opportunities to learn and grow and become a better person. I loved being able to be in charge of where I was.
And it certainly doesn't help that our house is too small for our family.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Hahaha. I know! Me too! My best friend (who had never been out of California until she moved to Deleware a few years ago) calls me the nomad. I love moving, well not the doing of it but the adventure of it. This time we have friends and people to miss though. That makes it harder. Will you guys think of making a move?
Until reading your post I never connected my like of moving towns to having moved my bedroom furniture as a child routinely! Funny!

Summer said...

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one Trisha! I do love moving though...sorting through and throwing stuff away brings me joy! Moving gives me more of an excuse to do that.

Marie said...

I am the same way. In the first three years together, Ted and I moved 4 times including across country.

I think Ted's fear of my want for being a full time RVer scared him back to school!

I too like moving furniture and grew up military always an adventure and new places to see.

jlbunting.com said...

That explains why we had to rearrange our dorm room and bring in a couch. And I will never forget calling home and being so confused because you changed our voicemail to the mortuary voicemail from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I think I called about 5 times thinking there was no way that was my phone!