Saturday, October 10, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

So, it's no secret that I pretty much detest Halloween.
Silly to dress up.
Begging for candy? Really?
Intentionally trying to get scared? Never been a fan.
We dragged our heels on dressing the kids up and taking them trick-or-treating.
#1 was, oh, 4 years old before we gave in.
So it is with reluctance that we still do costumes.
But, here is a preview of what each child will dress as this year.
I, of course, will be the usual Halloween Scrooge.

#1:


#2:

#3

#4


Pictures of the actual event will come later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do not like halloween either. Unfortunately, the husband loves it, so I am forced to participate. I refuse to dress up though!

Summer said...

Good for you Laurel! Stay strong!

Bill said...

I used to be a Halloween scrooge too. But then I discovered how much geeky fun the holiday can be and I'm starting to get into it. If our neighborhood got more trick-or-treaters I'd seriously consider putting out scary props. Maybe it's just a matter of "if you build it they will come."

Oh, no! What has happened to me?

Marie said...

The gray haired folks in this house are not entirely pleased with this holiday. Hayley missed out on so much of just being a child we tend to help her enjoy every minute of childhood.

I am grateful for the ward event and we do not to door to door stuff.