Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nevermind Motherhood...

I want to be a grandma!
I am starting on a new project (cause, I don't have to actually finish the other ones first! and there is nothing like having my mind scattered!)
I am making a quilt out of the baby clothes the kids used to wear. I am just cutting squares right now and I still have to wait for #4 to outgrow a few things, so it will take lots of time.
But, I thought I could make this huge quilt that I could put on a spare bed for when my grand children come over and they can see (and sleep under) the clothes their mommy or daddys used to wear. It will be full of stories and memories that we can talk about! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Piper Scott said...

Yeah and leave some of the stains on the clothes so you can tell all about those too!

Sara said...

oooo, I'm stealing your idea. I'm so glad you offered it right now, I was just about to get rid of a lot of clothes in a few weeks (after I find out what this baby will be). I'm salvaging some, and I have a lot of favorites.

Carma said...

I agree with you. As friends my age have gone through the "parenthood" thing, I've thought that looked pretty hard and at times no fun at all, so I didn't really feel all that bad that I missed out on that. But now that they are moving into the role of grandparents (yup, I'm THAT old), that looks like a whole lot of FUN!! I would rather be a grandma, too.