Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You Would Cry Too...


Guess what! I am turning 30 tomorrow! And I have to say, unlike most people, I am actually pretty excited. Not necessarily about getting older, but about what I have to look forward to in the coming years.

As another decade draws to a close I am remembering two other similar birthdays. When I turned 10 and when I turned 20.

The day before my 10th birthday Dad took me to Disneyland (not an uncommon occurance, but one I ALWAYS loved.) Unfortunately I got food poisoning which I discovered the next afternoon during Primary as I was throwing up all over the place. I spent all that day sick in my bed (when I wasn't running for the bathroom.) I couldn't even enjoy my birthday dinner or cake. What a bummer.

My 20th birthday wasn't THAT bad, but still not spectacular. I was ill with morning sickness. And as miserable as can be. I think all I did was go to work briefly and then sleep that entire day. Yuck!

So, here's to hoping tomorrow brings no nausea!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Summer!

Bill said...

Haaaaaaappy Birfday!

Glad you're not scared of turning 30. It's pretty good.