Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rabbit Hole: Days...No idea, I lost count!

Finally, after a couple of set-backs, IT IS DONE!
With the wrong carpet sent and all that hassle, I ended up just going and getting carpet-by-the-yard at Home Depot.  I got a nice light gray carpet and cut it to fit the little room.  
Then, after my little water issue (i.e. hole in a pipe that may or may not have been made by me), we had to rip out the structure that surrounded that pipe (water main).  You can see the odd shaped structure here right next to the doorway (the hole is to access the shut off valve):


SO we had to rebuild it and have a little door to access the valve.  We wanted it a little more simple and straightforward.  I wanted a little decor.  This is what we came up with:


  Can you see that door?  I love it! Here's a closeup:



And the quote above.."Curiouser and curiouser!"  Here's another view:


Quote: "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense" ~Lewis Carroll
I still need to paint over the screws so they don't stand out too much.  But it wasn't a priority last night, Perhaps this evening.  I ended up painting the new structure the same color as the ceiling rather than the blue walls. 

Here are the rest of the pictures!








I love it all so much, I can't even pick my favorite part of the room!
Anyway, thanks for putting up with my silliness for a little while!

No comments: